Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Outdoor bulb lighting

For years I've had an affinity for bulb string lights.
{But especially since using them here.}


Bulb lights are a no-brainer for outdoor parties and big events, but I love the look of them casually displayed in a backyard all summer long. They are just so quaint and take me to somewhere that's a cross between little European cafes and California boardwalks. I'm definitely an outdoor person and am really looking forward to our own back deck to enjoy family BBQs as well as quiet nights reading under some string lighting that we surround our backyard with all summer long.





For my wedding, we definitely scored with half priced bulb lights at Target's day after Christmas sale. If I remember correctly, I think we found them for about $7 a strand. 


These look really similar at $12.99 per 25 ft strand, but waiting for after-Christmas sales would certainly be ideal.


I also stumbled upon this style from Ballard Designs. 


I love the vintage feel they give off! At $99 for a 50 ft strand though, they doesn't exactly compete with the Target price... but sure do look rad.


No comments:

Post a Comment